Re: Web Pages

> Is there any way to verify the web pages? Perhaps compare their md5 sum's
> with the mirror on va?
>
> Master's hard disk was giving read errors which linux ignored and thus
> probably silently messed up lots of stuff. at least 4 files in the ftp
> archive have been hosed.
>
> Anything on /debian2 is possibly bad - though the errrors did seem
> localized to only a section of the disk
>
> Jason

rsync with a -n (or --dry-run) option will tell you which files it would
copy, delete etc. without actually touching anything.

Here's a command line that would do the trick for my machine:

  rsync --dry-run -rlpt --delete --exclude sponsor.html -e ssh \
   va.debian.org:/usr/debian/web/debian.org/ /var/www/virtual/debian.org/

you can play with the l,p, and t options depending what you want to check.

you might also want to use --checksum to force it to checksum every file

You probably want to upgrade to the latest rsync 1.7.*  at both ends before
doing this, because there was a bug a few versions back that meant it did
things despite the -n option (delete symlinks IIRC).

Cheers, Phil.