Re: HTTP mirrors

On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, James A. Treacy wrote:

> In a previous mail, Jason wrote:
> > You want to arrange for http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian to go to
> > /home/ftp/debian (lets say)
> >
> > So a line something like
> >
> > Alias /debian/ /home/ftp/debian/
> >
> > In srm.cdnf
> >
> I'd suggest serving the main archive directory directly from the root
> web dir, ie
>
> Alias / /home/ftp/debian/
>
> Is there any reason you would not want to do this?

My survey suggests almost every mirror that runs an http deamon has
something usefull on the main page that is not debian-related.

So serving under debian is more that likely the best - unless I mis
understand the Alias directive..

I have a list of 12 mirrors now, and few of them serve under /debian,
it's all long weird stuff so I don't think it matters much.

Jason