Re: gnome stuff in debian.org web tree

On Tue, Dec 15, 1998 at 07:05:24PM +0800, Andrew Howell wrote:
> Why is there gnome stuff inside the debian.org web tree?
>
> Same goes for SPI and Openhardware etc
>
> Gnome is what I'm mainly concerned about as my mirror fetches a LOT
> of gnome stuff daily.
>
> Do mirror sites really need to fetch all this stuff?

I had a feeling one of the mirrors would raise this point eventually.

Basically, it was done this way because it is easy. Putting projects
Debian^H^H^H^H^H^HSPI sponsors inside the Debian web directory means
they automatically get mirrored with Debian. The gnome pages were only
about 17MB last time I checked (although they do seem to make a lot of
changes every day).

I would prefer it if all the projects were inside of the spi pages
since this more accurately reflects the political situation. Although
as a practical matter, it is really Debian people that are sponsoring
the projects.

I just checked and it appears that none of the Debian sites are listed
as web mirrors of gnome. Anyone have an idea who originally wanted us
to set this up?

Jay Treacy