Re: www.debian.org in the proxy

On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 07:23:12PM +0100, Philipp Frauenfelder wrote:

> I noticed that the pages from www.debian.org cannot be read from
> proxy because the expire at the time when they are loaded form
> the server (that was my conclusion -- am I right?). Why is it
> set up this way?

Actually, the Expires is set to 1 day from the time accessed. It is
set to 1 week for gif and jpg. This was changed a few weeks ago.

It is possible that some proxies are having trouble since the Debian
pages use content negotiation to serve the correct document.
>From what I've read of the http spec (and I'm no expert) proxies are
supposed to take this into account. I wouldn't be surprised if many
of them don't do it correctly.

Jay Treacy