important: file names and content negotiation

This is something people need to consider when setting up
web pages when content negotiation is enabled.
It is important enough that we should switch the was we
name our files.

You need to be careful when there are multiple files with
the same base and different mime types. This is because
turning on content negotiation enables it for all the
types of negotiation that apache supports.

For example in 2.0 we have

mime type                   files
---------                   -----
   ?                        install.html, install.html.{en, es, fr}
application/x-msdos-program install.bat
text/plain                  install.txt
Apache does not properly recognize the mime type on install.html.*
so with this set of files install.bat gets served. This
was corrected by renaming the html files to install.<lang>.html .
Apache then recognizes the mime type as text/html and it serves
one of the html files.

Does anyone have any objections to my changing all the files
created by wml to be of the form file.<lang>.html?

Jay Treacy