Re: http://www.debian.org/social_contract changes

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 12:43:35PM -0500, Nils Lohner wrote:

> I'd agree except that the part I'm referring to are not a part of the social
> contract.  The change is just in the intro to the contract.  I can post this
> to -private if you like, but I don't see the need for it.  Actually the 'We
> are Debian..' sounds Borg-ish... maybe something more subtle like
>
> "Debian, the producers of the Debian GNU/Linux system, have created the
> 'Debian Social Contract' which is a set of commitments that we offer to the
> free software community.

You're right, it's not part of the social contract itself. I propose the
following text for the introduction. If you agree, I'll commit it to CVS.

  <P>Debian, the producers of the Debian GNU/Linux system, have created the
  <strong>Debian Social Contract</strong>. The contract, initially designed
  as as a set of commitments that we agree to abide by, has been adopted by
  the majority of the free software community as the basis of the

The splitting of the files will have to wait until I have a half hour to
kill looking for links that will break.