increased use of cgi on the debian web pages

It was decided long ago to minimize the use of cgi scripts on the web pages
due to the reliance on a single machine (remember that the web pages are
mirrored all over the world).

The current problem is that ftp.debian.org is swamped and is the machine used
for URLs in many places on the pages. Is it time we changed this policy and
use lists where appropriate?

Just thought I'd mention that cgi.debian.org = master.debian.org. The load
for doing redirects, even if a large number of them, should be extrememly small.

Jay Treacy