Re: organization of Debian's machines

Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:

> I do not know why your cron jobs are so much slower, I have seen them
> steadally take longer and longer, today one has been running in excess of
> 8 hours already. Perhaps there is a bug?

That's the Contents file getting rebuilt.  It's a huge job, but only
runs on Mondays.

> I too am hoping for a new list server, but I haven't heard anything other
> than rumors.

Bruce mentioned something about it.  I think it was novare was going
to give us a second one?  We might also want to move the cvs jobs to
va.  They chew a surprising amount of cpu time, and va is pretty idle.

A good split would be:
master - master ftp & web, cgi, bug site
?? - list server
va - cvs, compile host, everything else...

Guy