Re: Problem with Berlin mirrors

> > Looks like my previous reply had problems. Sorry if you get
> > this twice.
> > > There is a problem with the Berlin mirrors.
> > >    http://www.berlin-consortium.org/
> > > works fine, but if I point at any of the mirrors, e.g.
> > >    http://www.de.berlin-consortium.org/
> > > I land deep in Debian territory!
> > >
> > I'm looking into it. Don't know why they made the
> > change as it was working yesterday.
> >
> > If we host anyone else, I'll make up a document explaining
> > how everything should be done so we don't have this
> > sort of mixup again.
>
> If we do the FSG are we going to provide mirror service for all of the
> groups? That sounds like alot of work and less than ideal since the
> mirrors do not virtual host - maybe we should ask them to?

How could anything be less work than what we currently do? Only the main
server needs to have anything special done to it. As their pages
are inside of ours web dir, they get mirrored automatically.
They take care of their own pages. The only other thing that needs
to be done is to set up the DNS and any group having a domain
will probably do it themselves.

- Jay