Re: proposed changes to Debian web pages

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997, Sue Campbell wrote:

> As the webmaster, I probably should have stepped in earlier on this
> discussion. As was stated earlier, this was discussed a while ago
> and the majority asked for white. Just so there is no accusations
> of bias, I'll mention that I find the pure white background distracting.

Personally I hate grey backgrounds, and love white ones, and I _still_
think the <body bgcolor=ffffff> should be removed: I'm annoyed by pages
set to other people's favourite colours, so I can appreciate how annoyed
other people are by this, even if it happens to be what I like anyway.

People like me who like white backgrounds can easily configure their
browsers to get them.