Re: dame_gender

On 4 Apr 2020, at 23:16, Elana Hashman <ehashman@debian.org> wrote:

>> El sáb., 4 abr. 2020 a las 23:53, Jessica Clarke (<jrtc27@debian.org>) escribió:
>>>
>>> You can raise your voice and disagree wholeheartedly whilst still being polite.
>>> Even if someone is a huge bigot that doesn't give you free rein to be rude, as
>>> tempting and justifiable as it *feels*.
>
> This is tone policing, and I would like to request that members on the
> list stop engaging in it: http://www.robot-hugs.com/2016/01/tone-policing/

No, it's not. Tone policing is about requiring you to remain calm. All we are
trying to say (and what the Code of Conduct that you are required to follow
says) is that you must be respectful towards people. Moreover, Miry was *not*
saying that the line *had* been crossed, she said that we're getting "quite
close". Emotion is allowed. Just don't attack people, as per the CoC. Besides,
being trans, I am not speaking from a position of privilege in this particular
context, not that I think it even matters here.

Jess