Re: dame_gender

Could you clarify, why you consider the behavior of J.M Faer to be impolite?

I think it is important to raise a voice against projects that are sexist and transphobic. That is not being impolite. Staying silent is enabling the problem. We need to speak up when we see projects that are problematic for certain populations.
 I like this related quote from Christopher Hitchens:

"In an average day, you may be confronted by some species of bullying or bigotry, or some ill-phrased appeal to the general will, or some petty abuse of authority. Everybody devises tactics for such moments; try behaving as if they need not be tolerated and are not inevitable."

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 6:02 PM Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org> wrote:
El sáb., 4 abr. 2020 a las 23:53, Jessica Clarke (<jrtc27@debian.org>) escribió:

> On 4 Apr 2020, at 22:48, Saiph Savage <saiphcita@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> The project being proposed is sexist and transphobic. You can’t be polite.
>
>  Kudos to J.M Faer for raising a voice.  We would not normalize that these types of projects are acceptable.
>
> You can raise your voice and disagree wholeheartedly whilst still being polite.
> Even if someone is a huge bigot that doesn't give you free rein to be rude, as
> tempting and justifiable as it *feels*.

Debian Code of Conduct: https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct.en.html

Greetings,
Miry