Re: Gender diversity and inclusiveness in Free Software

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 6:29 PM Sruthi Chandran <srud@disroot.org> wrote:
>As part of a Free Software event, I have proposed to do a session ongender diversity and inclusiveness in Free Software.As part of the research for the session, I found some resources andstudies available online. <snip>

Do look at relatively recent work that I had done with Ubuntu, Fedora
Women and also the efforts at Fedora women.
Some papers and presentations are in my research gate page (under free
software and gender studies). Also, see the Ubuntu Women blog
You will also need to look at Women in * language groups, Systers,
Svaksha's blog, Priyanka (Nag),....

Mozilla has done some recent work relative to their biases. The
direction of FOSS projects with explicit commercial interests has also
had much effect on the direction of FOSS movements. Do refer to the
KDE lead's book/compilation of a number of views of developers.
In recent times, in many countries the socioeconomic and political
situation has also adversely affected the foss movement and inclusion.

Best

A Mani

Prof.Dr.(Miss) A Mani
CU, ASL, AMS, ISRS, CLC, CMS, IEEE
Senior Member, International Rough Set Society
Homepage: http://www.logicamani.in
Blog: https://logicamani.blogspot.in/
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mani_A
sip:girlprofessor@ekiga.net