Mailing List Specifics

Hello,

Hope everyone is going well.

Someone on Twitter recently pointed me to the fact that Debian has a mailing list for women.

https://twitter.com/freebsdfrau/status/714926724220264448

We like the idea and have started work at FreeBSD to follow-suit.

I am curious if open posting (without subscription) is configured for your list.

Were there any special considerations or configurations made to help protect the list from abuse, compared to other debian lists?

I see that the list is not moderated here, is that something that has worked out positively or negatively?

Any insight that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Cheers!
--
Devin