Re: Concern about racism and sexism in Supertuxkart 0.9

suso.baleato@gmail.com writes:

>> > Sure. I have explicitly asked why that sexualized character was included
>> > in the game [1]. I wanted to discern whether it was because:
>> >
>> >  a) it plays some role in the storyline, or
>> >  b) it was just the outcome of sexist behavior among developers
>>
>> Or c) other reasons. The real world doesn't just have a) and b).
>
> Sure. If you have any alternative explanation, I will be happy to
> consider it. Please, proceed providing the supporting evidence.

No, *you* have to provide evidence if *you* accuse people. Everything
else probably falls under libel/slander (not sure about the correct
English word, sorry).

> Meanwhile, only the second approach is consistent with the explanations
> provided in this conversation. BTW, I forgot to mention this one [1]:

Which explanations? The single one you referenced earlier which has no
explaination? Or the one below? There were no others.

>   "we might need to patch/drop half the debian-games archive, women are
>   like a totem for men, specially for developers, and I guess we won't
>   (they, I'm not a game developer) remove them in games :)"

Yes, that is a comment making use of sexist stereotypes about male
developers which is sad. It is from someone not involved in
"Supertuxkart" or other games ("I'm not a game developer") and who I
understand has only looked at the posters I linked to earlier: he
extrapolates from them ("if the game has the same "obscenity level"").

I'm not sure what this says about the motivations of upstream developers
of supertuxkart?

Anyway, I don't think this is still relevant to debian-devel-games@ and
will try to end the discussion here.

Ansgar