Re: The FSF is hiring: Seeking a Boston-area full-time Web Developer

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 06:01:41PM -0500, William Theaker wrote:
> The Free Software Foundation, a Boston-based 501(c)(3) charity with a
> worldwide mission to protect freedoms critical to the computer-using
> public, seeks a Boston-based individual to be its full-time Web Developer.
>
> The FSF uses several different free software web platforms in the course
> of its work, both internally and externally. These platforms are
> critical to work supporting the GNU Project, free software adoption,
> free media formats, and freedom on the Internet; and opposing bulk
> surveillance, DRM, software patents, and proprietary software.
>
> We are looking for someone who is primarily interested in keeping these
> systems up-to-date and working the way we need them to, customizing when
> necessary. While the main duties will relate to the backend systems,
> frontend experience with templates, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and design
> tools will be a big plus.

At the risk of being a shill; I work near the FSF and hang out with a
bunch of them. If anyone's on the fence, the community / vibe around the
FSF is really great and it's the sort of place where I'd actively
encourage people to work at.

Cheers,
  Paul

--
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@debian.org>  |   Proud Debian Developer
: :'  : 4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87