Re: Debconf proposal, but I need presenter

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 02:36:38PM +0200, Laura Arjona wrote:
> Hi all
> During this summer I would like to repeat the study that Magni Onsoien
> made about Women in Debian in 2005 [1], in order to know how things
> have changed in these years.

This is fabulous!

> I think I can have something decent to present in a Debconf talk
> (similar as the one made in Debconf5). The idea is to make the most
> similar study as made in 2005 in order to being able to compare
> results. With the help of some tools [2], if I finish early, maybe I
> can do a bit more analysis and extend the study.

> The main problem is that I am not going to the conference (I wish I
> could!). I would not mind (would like very much in fact!) other person
> to present the work there.
> Anybody interested?

I'm hoping to go this year, but it depends on how sponsorship shakes out. If
I go, I'm more than happy to help with this.

> I am also open of course to that person's collaboration in writing the
> study, data analysis etc, but I can also do it by myself, both
> approaches are fun!

I'm not sure what help I can be in collaborating, but if you point me in a
direction, I'm more than happy to help.

Cheers,
Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski