Re: Debian participation into GNOME Outreach Program for Women

[cc-ed publicity@ and press@ please reply on -women]
[@ publicity and press people: Stefano is asking if anyone is up to
propose projects/mentors for Outreach Program for Women, which is a
program similar to GSoC but allowing also non-coding contributions]

Hi,

first of all: thanks all the people involved for realizing it.
OPW is a fantastic - and effective - program and it would be great for
Debian to participate.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 05:00:19PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> At LibrePlanet, I've discussed the matter further with Karen and it
> turns out that, first, we have a bit more time for the internship topics
> than the strict timeline suggests: application deadline for interns is
> May 1st, it'll be enough to have topics/mentors around April 10th. Also,
> it is quite comment, and welcome, to have some overlap with GSoC that
> will be ongoing during the same period.

I'd really like to propose a couple of projects on behalf of the
Press/Publicity team. I'll need some days to work out the details, but
as for now the (very general) idea is a project concerning the
coordination and realization of Debian's 20th anniversary celebration/campaign.
I'll be glad to mentor it, but I'll have to ask around in publicity@ and
press@ if someone else would be a backup, to be on the safe side (and
right now we really really lack (wo)menpower in these teams so I'll not
be able to function properly as mentor if the others can't step out and
help with the routine work).

@press/publicity people: what do you think about it?

--
<taffit> eof: when I want something done quickly,
I don't wait for others ;)