Re: Spam cleaning effort: March 2012 - more reviewers wanted!

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> FOr this you should talk to listmasters, not to me. I'm afraid there
> is a very little chance that this is accepted, as it is commonly
> accepted that posting in Debian mailing lists does by default make the
> mail address, which you used for this, public.

Archives of Debian lists are also posted by many other websites, not
just by Debian, so you would need to persuade all those sites to
change their policies.  Note that address obfuscation doesn't work
very well unless it also makes it hard for humans to get the addresses
(and unless you stop the address *ever* being posted in a usable
form), and that spammers can always just subscribe directly to the
lists and collect addresses that way anyway.

However, please do suggest anywhere where a notice about the addresses
being public in the list archives could be usefully added, so that
people know to consider using a different address if they are somehow
currently free of spam.

--
Moray