Re: Finding a mentor

Hi Maria, Hi everybody reading ;)

Here is the way -> http://wiki.debian.org/HelpDebian

Laëtitia

Le 5 avril 2012 20:43, María <meccomaria@gmail.com> a écrit :
Dear all,

Hello! My name is María and I wrote this e-mail about 5 to 6 months ago to mentoring@women.debian.org but got no answer so far... I am really interested on debian and so I send it again to this list in case the other list is not being followed or doesn't exist anymore. Sorry if I am spamming your mailing list. ^-^

I am interested in working on Debian development. I am a computer scientist, but my knowledge of Linux is still limited. However, I really like gnu license and the debian social contract, so I would like to get deeply involved. Right now I work at UPV modifying a hypervisor called Xtratum, so I have a basic knowledge of Operating System level programming. I would like to program and fix bugs. My final goal is to be able to help with kernel maintenance and enhancement, but by now I would like to learn all the basics that may help me achieve this goal.

Please give me some advice if possible. I am Spanish and can manage English. I can also understand Catalan. I wouldn't mind helping with translations and documentation, but as I already said, I am mainly interested in programming and bugs.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.
Sincerely,

María.

Thank you again and let me know if anybody can help me.
Nice Easter!
María.