Re: Introduction to GNU/Linux for girls

Hi Fernanda

Fernanda G Weiden @ 10.05.2011 17:24:
Hi people,
I'm planning to give classes of introduction to systems administration
gratis for girls at a conference in Brazil (FISL), and I would like to
know whether you would like me to translate information about this
activity and also brand it as a Debian Women initiative.

I know some people do not like the idea of exclusive activities and
groups to girls, but I think this is very important to not only get
the girls to the classroom, but also to get attention from the media
do this issue: we do need more women active in IT, and systems
administration is the far worse women representation in the IT
community and companies.

There's a big training company in Brazil, called 4Linux, which will
provide written material, and I am donating my time to deliver those
classes. We will accept 70 people into the training, which will be a
total of 10 to 15 hours.

So if you would like to do this, I would then focus on Debian stuff,
talk about the existence of this group, and add more info about how to
get involved to the materials.

Let me know,
nanda

Hey! Long time no mail! Good to "read you" :)

I think that's a great initiative and I'd be glad to have some Debian-Women buzz around it! How can we support you?

-Meike