Re: Updating stats, thinking about what to do

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach
<lyz@princessleia.com> wrote:
> As an example of where numbers continue to grow: the majority of women
> involved with Ubuntu who aren't employed by Canonical are
> non-packaging contributors. Event coordination for local teams,
> documentation, educational outreach (via online and real life
> classes/training or otherwise), news and marketing and accessibility
> are where many women really shine in the project, and by encouraging
> participation in all these areas we got to 5% women in Ubuntu last
> year.

This does translate to development, by the way.  ~ubuntu-dev currently
has 168 members (Launchpad will tell you more, but only because it's
counting the subteams as being individual people in addition to the
actual people), of whom 7 are women.  That's 4%.

--
Mackenzie Morgan