Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf anti-harassment policy - contact address

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 05:13:01PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> I'm going to document that address in sprint documentation, but I
> believe it would make sense to use the same contact point for other
> policies. Could you please consider pointing to it from the above policy
> (draft)?

This is good news.  The most important question is: do the people on
the alias want debconf related things to go to it?  They'd need to be
able to connect to debconf team when needed.  There were pros and cons
in the d-w thread about having an all-inclusive address, and keeping
it targeted to communities.

For DebConf, the choice should probably be left to whoever volunteers
to do the work.  Which version is adopted should also be left to them.

Amaya and Patty: do you want to use this address for DebConf ?

> PS I do understand the title of the DebConf policy draft is more general
>    than "anti-harassment" whereas the latter form is the one used in the
>    contact address. Still, the address is mentioned in the context of
>    harassment reports, hence I considered that it was natural to use
>    such an alias.

I was trying to think up some name like "communityrespect@" (not
exactly that but along those lines), but it's done already so probably
not worth discussing anymore.  A broader name could also cause an
expanded scope, intentional or not.

Thanks,

- richard