Re: Thinking about organizing a special women-oriented event

* Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org> [2009:09:10 11:37 +0200]:
> 2009/9/10 Holger Levsen <debian@layer-acht.org>:
> > On Mittwoch, 26. August 2009, Steve Langasek wrote:
> >> It seems to me that this comment is sexist, and has no place on any Debian
> >> mailing list.
> >
> > It seemed and seems to me you were trolling here :-(
>
> I'm just thinking aloud, but I wonder if it might make sense to also
> have a women-only mailing list, so that women who otherwise wouldn't
> intervene can do it, kinda Systers or the Girls Only mailing list at
> LinuxChix. Dunno if there would be demand for that, but I have the
> feeling that something positive might come from it.

IMO those lists are probably sufficient for women-only mailing lists. I
don't think we need to fracture d-w, especially given its "recent"
amount of inactivity.

On the other hand, are there women reading this who are (still?)
uncomfortable with the climate of Debian? My feeling is that it's
improved since, oh, 2002, but I'm less involved than I used to be so I
can't get a good read on things.

Topic: I think the conference idea sounds awesome, Marga. If you do it
I'll try my hardest to make it down there.