Re: Thinking about organizing a special women-oriented event

I went to a few women-only techie events and I really enjoyed them. I
heard many more women talking and chatting that I usually do in any other
techie conf and I think it also has to do with how men tend to take
iniative more than women sometimes.

When I was talking with Margarita (we met in Argentina last week) I was
refering to the she's geeky conference [0] . I think that those kind of
events are inclusive and help recognize ourselves in the other women that
attend and are doing interesting stuff. It's the same reason on why we go
on creating e-groups like this one and others (devchix, linuxchix,etc).

salu,
gaba

[0] http://shesgeeky.org/