Re: Thinking about organizing a special women-oriented event

Hi,

On Montag, 24. August 2009, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> It'd be a shame to go through the effort of gathering quite a number
> of regional women for an event, and then make it so that only a group
> of people (women) can attend.

Poor men indeed!

> One thing
> is to try to show women that they can participate in free software, a
> different thing is to show a fictitious world where all attendees are
> women.

I dont think that would be the effect / a sensible message neither. I rather
envision more involvement from women who otherwise would be "silent
observers", even more involvement from women who are already active, also
less wasted time due to male-centric discussions on topics, etc. Plus other
effects I'm too busy to imagine now ;-)

And, by all means do what you envision - I just wondered since it absolutly
wasnt (and isnt) obvious to me.

regards,
	Holger