Re: a new, very small, debian girl!

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermos wrote:
> 2009/5/5 Helen Faulkner <helen@debian.org>:
>> Our daughter Clara was born on 25th April :)
>
> Oh, hey. You named her with Spanish name conventions. Interesting.

Well, she's a Spaniard :)

That is to say, when we get around to registering her birth, she will have
Spanish and Australian citizenship.

Unfortunately, the naming conventions differ sufficiently that our children will
have ongoing hassles in Australia with systems that don't recognise names with
two surnames (as opposed to one double-barrelled surname, which is common
enough).  But we consider that less important than their right to have their two
surnames like all (or at least most) Spaniards do.

We've also chosen, very intentionally, a name that is pronounced nearly
identically in both languages.  It's a grand improvement on Javier (very hard
for native English speakers to pronounce even vaguely right), and Helen (not
quite so bad, but still, a slightly tricky one for Spanish speakers).

Helen