Duo Core processor 4Gb Ram laptop

Hi

I went to the sales earlier and noticed the latest laptops have Due Core processor speed of 2Ghz with 4Gb RAM. I wonder what activities a laptop with Duo Core or Centrino 2 with 4 Gb ram can achieve where a laptop with Centrino (Pentium M) 1.7Ghz with 2Gb ram with debian 5.0 Lenny or Ubuntu 8.10 cannot do equally as good, given the same knowledge for both laptops.

Diana

Read amazing stories to your kids on Messenger. Try it Now!