should these be reworded?

Hi d-w list people,
I was just reading an ITP for magicmaze. It is game with a common theme:
warrior save girlfriend from monster. Would it be 'better' by some
definition to make it and other such programs gender neutral? Reverse
thw roles? Make it possible to choose the characters gender?
Would a formalization in the dev guide or policy make sense?
just wondering.
-K
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|