Re: Problem with sound in Lenny installation

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 09:39:58AM -0700, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2008-11-28, Amaya penned:
> > Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> >>
> >> I am never sure. The original purpose was to encourage female DDs, but
> >> I suppose it's nowadays used to discuss all matters enhanced by two X
> >> chromosomes.
> >
> > The original purpose of the list, or its ultimate purpose, is not yours
> > to decide, I am afraid.
>
> So do you know the original and/or current purpose?  I tend to see it
> as a place to occasionally interact with women who use or develop
> Debian.  I would post more if I thought that matched the actual
> purpose, but my posts would not be specifically about Debian or
> software or hardware, so I haven't done so.

Hi *,
I had an idea about increasing the amount of discussion on this low
traffic list that has a broad purpose (like what Monque said). This list
gets the ocassional boost in contributions when someone posts a question
that awakens some sympathetic chord in the subscribers. So the fewer
their are such questions, the fewer responces. So here is the idea: If
the infamous 'someone' were to think of a 'resonant' topic each month I
think it would lead to more chance for more dialogue. So if 'someone'
were to think of making each month about some topic of interest to
DW("topic of the month"), this would create a point around which people
can respond but it would not disallow other questions ("supportive,
friendly gnu questions and answers"). Maybe this months topic might have
been "differences around the world wrt womens tech job hiring".
my 2 cent (based upon 1990's currency exchange).
-Kev
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|