Re: (forw) Debian male contributors participate in the 2008 Google "Summer of Code"

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 08:59:35AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Just a thought: 100% men. Slightly sad, isn't it?
>
> (I don't blame ppl who did choose the projects as I think there was no
> project proposed by a female student, I'm afraid)

As was mentioned during GSOC discussion on -devel or -project, there was
this dicotomy between 'getting lots done' vs 'getting them part of the
community' with 'getting lots done' seeming to win out. If there was
more on the latter, maybe there would be more opportunity for women?
-k
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|