Re: DW dict?

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 11:44:06PM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:

> On 04-10-2007 17:26, martin f krafft wrote:
> > also sprach Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <faw@funlabs.org> [2007.10.04.2110 +0100]:
> >> 	http://www.witch.westfalen.de/debian-women/about.html
> >
> > I found this site, but I didn't think it was the official one. If it
> > is, maybe it could be migrated back to women.d.o?
>
> 	Hmmm, no it was not the official one. Jutta usually
> does quite a few tests before moving something into production,
> she did a lot of tests with the CSS and she pushed for the
> Glossary and Dict.
>
> 	I found some links that I remember from when she started
> working on this, I also helped her in the beginning, did some
> tests, I'm also subscribed to the alternative dict list, but then
> suddenly, she disappeared and I never heard back from her. :-(
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2004/09/msg00030.html
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2004/09/msg00182.html
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-women/2004/08/msg00131.html
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-women/2004/08/msg00185.html
>

> 	I think (that's my feeling) that Jutta wants to make the
> Dict and Glossary in DW a staging area to get it integrated in
> Debian, and I do think it is a very useful resource. :-)
>
> 	I still have my e-mail archives and the procedures, Jutta
> understood the process much more deep than I, but if there is
> room for it, well, we can try to get it on Debian (debian.net
> first, or if possible, debian.org).

Jutta wanted the dicts be integrated in Debian, but I do not know
if she will feel confortable doing it inside d-w (I'm not going on details
about this)
I really like the idea of dict.debian.net. I think I remember how the
dict generation worked, Jutta told me while I was doing the spanish
translation. So if somebody is interested in launch this, count me in.

Ana