female coders in Iran and the Middle East

Hi, I'm a journalist writing an article for Foreign Policy on the large proportion of female coders in the the Middle East (Syria, in particular), and I'm trying to find out about female coders in Iran.

Does anyone have any information on whether Iran's government-sponsored switchover to open source has resulted in many more female coders? Would anyone have any suggestions on coders from Iran or Syria I could contact directly?

Thanks very much,

Daria Vaisman