Re: "Men leaving Debian" - numbers?

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 20:02:27 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

"Lynoure Braakman" <lynoure@gmail.com> writes:

How many men have left after DW was formed? How does that number
compare to number of men leaving Debian earlier?
What are their reasons for leaving? I know lots of Debian users, at
least, have switched to Ubuntu, but those I know have had reasons
other than stated by the anonymous person. The most common reason
seems to be the lenght of the release cycle...

Debian needs active developers, sure, but praying to some vengeful god
that people die is not going to bring more developers to Debian!

At least the package count in Debian is still steadily increasing. So
his bullshit argument of packages getting removed from Debian because
of all the men being driven out by Debian-women is just that:
Bullshit.

 Little doubt about that.  It would not hurt to have nicely charted
statistics to point to whenever trolls try to sow fear and doubt.
Critisising the troll's attitude is a waste of keystrokes, but
shooting down factual lies with actual, countable facts is quite
effective.  And it is a service to those who have not followed the
development closely, the lurkers, the newcomers, the skeptics...