Re: proposed addition to debian-women list filtering, please comment

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:15:16 +1200
Penny Leach <penelope.leach@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/14/06, Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> wrote:
> >
> > One other possibility would be to whitelist e-mails with valid
> > PGP-signatures from keys on the Debian keyring (and possibly
> > another "whitelist" keyring that is only used for this purpose).
> > Actually, this would be nice for all the Debian lists. =)
>

> What about checking for signatures that aren't on the debian keyring, but
> have had the key signed by a DD... actually that could be done by your
> second option of having another whitelist keyring.
>
> IANADD, but have signatures from DDs on my key. Given it's a criteria for
> NM, it seems reasonable to have here...

  That's another kind of moderated subscription, one which can be automated,
but imposes very high entry barriers for some people just for subscribing a
list.

  Some kind of list master key for signing people's keys which cannot get a
DD signature but are legitimate subscribers would be required. Validating
these subscribers is a manual process again.

  (/me just reminding that I waited for a way to get a DD signature on
my key nearly a year of the two I lived in the NM queue ...)
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~