Google Anita Borg Scholarship 2007]

just received this call. this maybe of interest to somebody on the list or it would be great if you could forward this to potential candidates.
thanks,
bernhard

--------------

Anita Borg (1949 - 2003) devoted her adult life to revolutionising the
way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women
and minorities from entering computing and technology fields.

As part of Google's ongoing commitment to furthering Anita's vision,
we are pleased to announce the Google Europe Anita Borg Memorial
Scholarship 2007. Through the scholarship, we aim to encourage women
to excel in computing and technology, and become active role models
and leaders. A group of female BSc, MSc, and PhD student finalists
will be chosen from the applicant pool. The scholarship recipients,
selected from the finalists, will each receive a EUR 5,000 (or
equivalent) scholarship for the 2007/2008 academic year.

Eligibility Requirements

Candidates must:

* be a female student entering her final year of a BSc, or enrolled in
an MSc or PhD programme (or equivalent) in 2007/2008.
* be enrolled in full-time study at a University in Europe. Citizens,
permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply.
* be studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or
a related technical field.
* maintain an excellent academic record (e.g. a First Class Honours
degree).

For complete details, please visit
http://www.google.com/anitaborg-europe/

All applications must be received by Wednesday, January 31, 2007.