Re: teaching young women in ways that suit them

> that is what I was pondering... using the idea of 'boy' competition vs
> 'girl' socializing. You mention 'communication' as important. girls tend
> to focus on things related to friendship, socializing(using texting, AIM
> chat) , secrets (your example of AIM being cleartext) and cooperation
> (some kind of group project). So if some exercise could include those

I remember a very interesting blog post by Christine Spang about
"software that could be interesting to interest teenagers in
FLOSS"....the very same concepts were explained with her point of
view....which was, at that time, the point of view of a female
teenager, indeed (already interested in computer science, though).

I think that getting input from Christine in the current conversation
would be very interesting.