Doing article on women in open source

Hi there, I'm writing an article on women in open source, and just my
own stories by themselves aren't nearly as interesting as talking to as
many open source gals as possible. :) If anyone's interested, I have a
series of questions which I'll include at the end of this post. Respond
to me privately at dee@renaissoft.com or onto the list, that's up to
you.

Is always nice to have an excuse to interact with other gals. :)

1. If I quote you in the article, how should I refer to you? (Name and
title, or an alias, whatever you prefer.)

2. In what areas have you interacted with the open source community?
(are you a programmer? Tech writer/documentation? Are you in the
community or outside looking in?)

3. What problems/issues have you run into specifically because you're a
woman? (This can in fact be hard to quantify at times, some people are
jerks to everyone, heh. Do try to be careful with this.)

4. In what areas may the open source community be inherently
unfriendly/"not enticing" to women and girls?

5. What interested you in the open source movement in the first place?

6. In what ways could the open source movement better attract/retain
women and girls?

7. Have you ever encountered a situation in the open source community
where being female gave you an advantage? If so, please share.

8. Do you have any personal stories you'd like to relate? Positive,
negative, neutral, am interested in all sides.

9. If you do so, what do you like about contributing to open source
projects?

10. If you do so, what don't you like about contributing to open source
projects?

11. Is there anything I didn't ask that you wish I had? Anything else
you'd like to share?

--
Dee-Ann LeBlanc, Training and writing on Linux and open source
Home: http://www.Dee-AnnLeBlanc.com/