autoconf tutorial?

Hello *,

now I write you because I have gotten problems with my daughter...  :-/

She told me, even if I can code stuff, I am coding "saumäßig"!!!
(sorry, I do not know, how to translate the last word in english)

OK, my Makefile's are working, but they are looking realy weired
she told me...

<seufz>

apt-get install make-doc autoconf-doc automake1.9-doc

F..k! -- no autoconf-doc automake1.9-doc!

OK, there is a html file of autoconf... F..k again!
OK, Laptop and GSM-Card => Downloading this non-free BS!

Argh!!!!  -  I can not download those crappy tutorial!

Now, automake is worthless if I do not know, how to setup a
configure.ac or an configure.in?

Can anyone tell me, where I can get a Tutorial for autoconf?
(Its nor tealy funny to download huge files with GSM/EDGE and
140-200 kBps.

Oh yes, before I forget:

My Makefile's are very small, even for huge programs, so I do not
understand, why the Makefile's of some source I know are around
200 times bigger as mine...  --  realy weired! And my Makefile's
are working since 22 years. I must miss something...

Question:

in the source root I have my po, man, doc and src directories.
Whats the best practice for the po and man directory and the
Makefile?

----8<----------------------------------------------------------
$(LANGUAGES):
	mkdir -p $(LOCALESDIR)/$@/LC_MESSAGES
	msgfmt $@.po -o $(LOCALESDIR)/$@/LC_MESSAGES/$(EXE).mo
----8<----------------------------------------------------------

and directly into debian/tmp or ./tmp and the move it or

----8<----------------------------------------------------------
$(LANGUAGES):
	msgfmt $@.po -o $@.mo

$(wildcard *.mo):
	$(INSTALL) $(INSTALL_FLAGS) -m 644 $@ $(LOCALESDIR)/$(patsubst %.mo,%,$@)/LC_MESSAGES/$(patsubst %@.mo,$(EXE).mo,$@)

?

Thanks and greetings from
        Michelle and her
    (teacher) daughter Laila

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi