Learning python?

Hi all!

I'm inspired by the Python tutorial thread!

As I mentioned in my intro-mail I'm in the process of learning Python. I'm very much a beginner although I feel that I'm starting to get the basics down. But since it can be a bit boring writing 'hello world' programs I started on a more 'meaningful' project which of course means that I have to learn a whole lot more a whole lot faster... but it's a whole lot more fun.

My project is a graphical front-end to APT (shamelessly named 'Tinapt') using Qt (PyQT / PyKDE). I'm still very much trying to stick with the KISS principle and shun the more fancy solutions for now. I do however plan to keep improving it as I get a better programmer and the ultimate goal is for it to end up somewhere between Synaptic and Aptitude. But for now it will remain a learning project. So to my point: It's fun learning alone but it would maybe be even more fun to learn together with others, so I was wondering if there are any other Python newbies out there wanting to join me in this project? I've been looking at putting it up on BerliOS (www.berlios.de) and run it as a 'real' project in order to learn how that is done too. Still have a few things to figure out in that regard though...

A screenshot of the very very early GUI can be found at
http://www.bestemselv.com/admin_priv/tinapt_shot.png

Interested? Let me know :) Just remember that the emphasis is on learning, so if this sounds like a silly little waste-of-time project you are probably right ;)

Tina