Re: Various things

On 7/21/05, Erinn Clark <erinn@double-helix.org> wrote:

> Website:
>
> The ever present issue of the website. We will likely be getting
> women.debian.org soon, which means the website will relocate. Helen will
> likely take care of any minor maintenance we have and we will have to
> reconsider our approach about how we work on the website. It will pretty
> much all have to be done locally with baz access so we can commit
> changes, but I'm wondering if we should also have a more "Debian feel"
> to the appearance. Opinions? Also, to anyone who was part of the Debian
> website discussion, will there be major stylistic changes that we should
> take into account or wait to learn more about before we make any changes
> ourselves?

As I understood it (I was not in the Website BOF nor in the ad-hoc
talk) there's going to be a major re-doing of the whole Debian
website, so, if we are going to make our site resemble the official
Debian site, we need to wait until the redoing is done, or we are
wasting time and effort.

> Wiki:
> There will hopefully be a wiki.debian.org soon, in which case the wiki
> can be done properly. It may make sense for us to participate in a
> content-porting session as well as migrating whatever content we have on
> our current wiki to the new one. We still definitely need to find a way
> to integrate all of our kickass docs.

Do we want to lose our wiki?

I really like DW wiki much more than debian.net wiki, it's better in
style, it's better in content management... Integrating the docs so
that they are accessible to more people is nice, but I'd really hate
to lose the wiki.

--
Besos,
Marga