Re: An introduction

On 27/05/2005, at 12:24 PM, Claudine Chionh wrote:

I'm just piping up to say that I have been lurking on this list to get a feel for the D-W project, but I haven't felt able to contribute. I didn't
realise there were other people from Melbourne here. May I put in a
shameless plug for the Melbourne Linuxchix chapter
<http://melbourne.linuxchix.org/>? The chapter is sort of dormant but we do
occasionally get together for coffee or picnics.

Hi Claudine! Another Melbournian! I wouldn't like to count them, but I'm told there are several people down there...

I feel that I can only contribute to free software by promoting it or
writing about or documenting software; but all this has taken a back seat while I try to complete a master's degree (not in a geek field) whil also working (in statistical data management, only tangentially a geek field).

The data side could well be geeky, it's the statistics that take it into the realm of fantasy ;) [1]

I don't know what others think, but IMNSHO being a Debian woman is more about the way you view the world, than about how much software you use, or your current rôle. Anybody shamelessly plugging Linuxchix Melb. has to be the right sort. :D

I'll have to get my son to stir up some Adelaide participation in D- W: either that, or expand the SE section of the map...

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc

[1] Exhibiting my pure maths prejudice against stats :D <ducks>