Re: Political climate of Debian

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 04:44:59AM -0400, Erinn Clark wrote:
> Another important note I would like to make: we have many "old school"
> Debian people on this list who've thought long and hard on these issues and
> have more or less decided which direction they think Debian is headed (and
> which direction it *should* be headed). While your input could be helpful,
> I'd like to encourage you to keep from turning this into a rehashing of old
> discussions. If you absolutely must contribute, please do so only to clear
> up facts or provide details -- these discussions can get heated
> occasionally, but I'm really just trying to see what people less embroiled
> in the current battles think about where we're headed. Thanks :)

I'd like to raise this part of Erinn's mail again. Unfortunately, we have a
lot of familiar names who've responded to this mail. While these are the
names of people who have thought long and hard about this problem, I think
it's important for all of us to step back and listen to people who are
outside the magic circle and looking to get in. A number of contributors to
this list are here because they don't fit the classic mold of a Debian
Developer, and I think it's important that we hear them. Erinn has given us
all a great opportunity here, so we shouldn't squander it.

So come on all you lurkers! Tell us what you think. Please don't think that
you have to solve all these problems yourself, but voicing your thoughts
and doubts is all that's needed.

 - David Nusinow