Re: New EU FLOSS survey, with a twist on women involvement

Hi,

* [ 11-04-05 - 20:56 ] Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> wrote:
>  http://flosspols.org/survey/survey_part.php?groupid=smg
>
>  [...] Another significant finding of surveys is that there are far fewer
>  women in FLOSS development than in software development as a whole.
>  [...] We also want to understand better the role/situation of women
>  within this broad community. [...]

I am just compiling the section 'women in the Free/Libre/Open Source
Software Community'.

I would like to hear -women opinion about this question; my answers are
reported for each option (I removed the options I don't consider
interesting).

What do you think are differences between men and women in the FLOSS
community?

- Women are not as interested in technology as men

  mainly false

- Women think of contributing to FLOSS as a competition
  less often than men

  mainly true

- Women ask more questions than men

  I do not know

- Men work on their own, women prefer to work in teams

  mainly true

- Women work more effectively than men

  I do not know :P

- In online contexts women often get more attention as a women rather
  than a FLOSS participant

  mainly false

- In offline contexts women often get more attention as a women rather
  than a FLOSS participant

  very true

ciao,
	ema