Re: a question re the list

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 05:51:53PM -0800, vaguegirl wrote:
> hi all, vaguegirl here.  i was wondering, is this list only for howto do
> stuff and totally technical stuff or can we wax poetic re linux and the
> internet, etc., etc.?

> i keep thinking how a linux group should be for women as opposed to
> everybody (i.e., men).  they would ban me, most likely.  if this is
> inappropriate, please let me know.

The debian-women project was not intended as a general-purpose Linux group,
a user forum, or a fanclub.  While the activities of this group are likely
to overlap each of these other areas from time to time, you can find a
description of this group's actual goals at
<http://women.alioth.debian.org/about/>.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer