Re: RC Bugsquashing howto [Re: Anyone up for bug squashing?]

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:28:33PM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I'd like to propose an "RC bugsquashing tutorial" to coincide with the
> > BSP this weekend.

> Great idea! Keep us updated about it.

> > Also, given the requirement for one-on-one attention from the only
> > experienced DD that's volunteered for the task so far (me),

> Count me in!

> Given that I have had some bitter experiences with sponsored NMUs, I am
> wondering how do you plan to deal with these, if we are going to do them
> at all.

This didn't get much discussion beforehand, but I figured I'd take the
opportunity to comment on this now that (AFAIK) the first of the patch
submissions from this weekend's BSP have reached incoming:
<http://bugs.debian.org/288158>.

To answer your question, I don't believe in doing sponsored NMUs, which is
why that wasn't part of the presentation.  I believe the correct procedure
is still for non-DDs to send patches to the BTS, and for DDs to download
such patches, review them, and prepare an NMU (with credit), which is what
happened here.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer