Re: Another "Women in Open Source" Session

Here are links the largest surveys on free software developers in 2001/2002:

a) Widi survey carried out by the Technical University of Berlin in 2001 with 1.1 % women online on

b) FLOSS (Free/Libre/Open Source Software) developers´ survey undertaken by the University of Maastricht from 2002 with 1,1 % of female participants, online on

c) OSDN Hacker survey carried out by the Boston Consulting Group in 2002 had 98% men online on

The current FLOSSPOLS survey http://flosspols.org/survey/survey_part.php?groupid=blkosc now has more female participants. However this is certainly due to the fact that the survey is also on gender issues as well as since we try to get as many female free software participants as possible to participate in order to carry out a statistically sound analysis on gender groups.

Danese Cooper schrieb:

I'm copying Bernhard Kreiger to comment on the research that backs up this number. As I understand it, the number is borne out in several studies.