Re: Grant proposal around women in college and open source

Hi Bart,

Your proposal sounds interesting to me.  I think that if you succeed in
implementing this project it could be of value to Debian Women (I can't speak
for LinuxChix).  However I have a couple of initial questions.

1) What would an "organization leader's signature on a memorandum of
understanding" imply in terms of the commitment being made by Debian Women, if
we were to do this?  Would it imply a greater level of commitment to activities
than we are already making by running the project as we are doing, and if so,
can you describe what sort of things you have in mind.

2) Debian Women is not run in a particularly hierarchial way and we don't have
someone who can "officially" speak for all of us, let alone commit all of us to
any particular thing, though there are a small group of people, myself included,
who have been involved in making most of the major decisions and are thus
defacto "leaders" of the project, as far as we have them.  Would this be a
problem for your aims?  (I'm not trying to imply a general lack of commitment
among the Debian Women community - collectively we are a dedicated and
enthusiastic bunch - but this is a pretty fundamental aspect of a volunteer
project being run as ours is.)
suggest
Helen