d-w website

Hi all

there has been some discussion about the d-w website on irc today.
As for me I am mainly concerned by the news section which is quite outdated.

* What I did:
I copied the news from the two existing d-w weekly newsletters to the main news section and will add more recent ones (DebConf, LinuxTag, ...) as soon as my brain stops hurting from the baz/wml introduction I got today ;) (Thank you beatle, you were most patient!! :)

* What I think should be done:
I think it is a bit missleading that the "news" link points to the dwwn and the actual news are only accessible via the d-w logo. Plus, older news are not accessible right now.
I think it would be better to have three links:
- "news" which points to the front page which displays the most recent news,
- "news archive" which either points to a long list of all news or (maybe in the future) to some kind of interface to chose news by date, and thirdly
- "d-w weeklies" (or whatever) which points to the weekly newsletters.

* Open question:
Concerning the dwwn, do we really need them? Or wouldn't it be enough to put official stuff in the news and internal discussions/announcements on the mailing list?

**Please comment** !

Best,
Meike

--
Meike Reichle - University of Hildesheim

mail:	mrei0999@rz.uni-hildesheim.de
web:	www.uni-hildesheim.de/~mrei0999