Re: Debian-Women webpage possibly filtered by Telefonica

Oops, there goes my scoop!

Good news all the same.

-- javier

Miriam Ruiz wrote:
--- Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> wrote:

--- Javier Candeira <javier@candeira.com> wrote:

I have been reading about Canguro.net, the
Telefonica filter. It is a "client-server" thing (their description, not

mine),

i.e. the filter does not run on our computers, but on their proxies.

That means, among other thing, the list filtered
sites can't be reverse-engineered or decrypted, as US hacker-activists have done with netnanny and other products.

It also means the technology to filter web content
is already in place, at least in Spain. Doubly so as Telefonica, as the incumbent monopolist of yore, is the wholesale provider of DSL connections for other DSL vendors, thus having 99% of Spain's DSL lines.

Nice, eh?

Before I call the Telefonica press people with my
questions, will someone please post a screenshot of what you see when

trying

to access the debian-women website?

-- javier

I'll try to get you an screenshot or something as
soon
as I can. I couldn't see my friend yesterday
afternoon.

Greetings,
Miry

False alarm. It seems my friend could see the page
today. Dunno if the filter is removed or something
happened the other day that prevented him to access
it. The problem seems to be solved now.

Miry

______________________________________________ Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!: ¡250 MB GRATIS! Nuevos servicios, más seguridad http://correo.yahoo.es